Good quality work experience provides an invaluable way for young people to build key skills and gain a foothold in the labour market. It is also a way for young people to develop and display the right attitude and work ethic that will help them to
secure permanent employment.
At Right Track we offer access to Employers in various ways;
1. Short-term "tasters". These are visits to Employer premises to get a better of understanding of particular jobs or vocational areas or short-term Work
Experience Placements ranging from from a day or two, to two weeks.
2. Work Experience Placements. These are part or full-time Placements with local Employers fulfilling an agreed Job role.
3. Work Trial - these are short-term specific arranagements where young people are given an opportunity to "prove" they can fulfill a role with an Employer when often they do not have the prior skills and experience.
Benefits of work experience for individuals:
• Work experience provides a positive experience of the working world, contributing to a positive work attitude and work readiness
• Work experience helps people to build their CVs and develop networks that can help with employment prospects in the future
• Work experience helps people to make more informed career choices
Some examples of our Employer Placement Partnerships
Select Blinds – Coatbridge
2 trainees have recently went out to work experience in the company. They will be involved in the production of blinds, delivery and fitting in customer’s homes. There are job
opportunities for both boys if they prove themselves.
They are also looking for a machinist and an office junior, again with the potential to move on to employment.
AA Gardening & property maintenance – Coatbridge
This new placement involves gardening and landscaping but there is also the potential to learn computer skills as they owner has another online business selling carbon bushes. Trainees will be given the opportunity to develop their vocational
skills and experience in both areas.
Link Cable Assemblies – Bellshill
We have formed a good working relationship with this company to supply them with staff when they are recruiting. To date a total of 7 people
from the Bellshill centre have moved on to employment with this company since working with us from 2014.
Top Class Windows – Coatbridge
Work experience is available in fitting double glazing windows, conservatories
and doors. Also general property maintenance. One of our Coatbridge boys has recently moved on to employment in this new placement.
Blair House Residential Care Home – Coatbridge
After completing her PVG
one of our Coatbridge trainees chose to build up vocational skills in care of the elderly. She has been successful in her work placement and will soon be moving on to employment.
DCB Fabrications – Coatbridge
placement offers an insight into welding and fabrication. The work is varied and interesting from industrial orders to detailed ornate work. One of our boys who carried out his work experience there has now been offered employment linked with a
Anderson’s Fresh Fish – Glasgow
A specialized retail placement for someone with an interest in fresh fish produce, to build up knowledge and skills and also the health benefits of a healthy
diet. The trainee who went out for work experience has now moved on to employment with the company.
This project is part funded by the UK Government through the UK Community Renewal Fund The UK Community Renewal Fund is a UK Government programme for 2021/22. This aims to support people and communities in need across the UK to pilot programmes and new approaches to prepare the UK for the Shared Prosperity Fund. It invests in skills, community and place, local business, and supporting people in employment. For more information, visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-community-renewal-fund-prospectus